quick parts auto numbering

Old July 23rd 07, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelley V

Default quick parts auto numbering

I am trying to save auto numbered paragraph in Quick Parts. I have saved them
as Quick Parts and as "insert text only" but when I insert any Quick Part
that has more then one paragraph which are auto numbered it will only insert
the paragraph starting at number 1 and not as the continuing number to run on
from the document I am working in and inserting the autotext into. Single
paragraphs will insert fine and the number will insert as the next auto
number in sequence. It is only when I have more than one paragraph in the
Quick Parts saved that it reverts back to number 1 in the auto numbering list.
Old July 23rd 07, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelley V[_2_]

Yes I selected the whole paragraphs (no soft returns) and used numbering via
the format bullets and numbering customising my own format (this format was
also emulated in the base document where I want the building block to be
inserted). I tried it by NOT using the paragraph mark at end of paragraph
and also by using it and neither work when you have a multi level list of
numbered paragraphs to be inserted. Single level work fine with or without
the return saved.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Did you make sure to select whole paragraphs before creating the building
block?

Was the auto numbering created via a paragraph style?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old July 24th 07, 12:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Hmm, I can't reproduce what you are describing... When I test it, it seems
to work as expected.

What happens if you set this up as a multilevel list attached to paragraph
styles? Place the insertion point in the list, and choose Home tab |
Multilevel List | Define New Multilevel List. (If you need help with the
dialog box, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.) Does that
improve things at all?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Multiple entries selected for quick parts Sally Formatting Long Documents 3 May 14th 07 06:27 PM
Quick Parts Properties Disabled when doc stored in MOSS Steven H Microsoft Word Help 0 November 28th 06 09:31 PM
How do I turn off auto numbering or auto hyperlink? gogo Microsoft Word Help 2 October 26th 06 10:05 AM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM
Restore Deleted Quick Parts entry Bob Microsoft Word Help 1 July 10th 06 02:40 PM