Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

Default Why can't I get watermark to show on all pages?

I have a document with header/footer set to different first page. When I add
a watermark to the 1st page it only appears there. if I add it to other
pages it shows on all but 1st page. However, after adding the watermark to
the first page, when I add it to the other pages it disappears from the 1st
page.

I adding the built in draft watermark.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Why can't I get watermark to show on all pages?

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble getting a watermark to show on all pages of your document. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Here's what you can try to get your watermark to show on all pages:
  1. Go to the first page of your document and double-click in the header or footer area to open it.
  2. In the "Header & Footer Tools" tab that appears, click on the "Design" tab.
  3. In the "Options" group, make sure that the "Different First Page" checkbox is unchecked. This will ensure that the first page is treated the same as the rest of the pages in the document.
  4. Insert your watermark on the first page as you normally would.
  5. Go to the second page of your document and insert the same watermark. It should now appear on both the first and second pages.
  6. Repeat this process for any additional pages in your document.

If you're still having trouble getting the watermark to show on all pages, you may want to try creating a custom watermark instead of using the built-in draft watermark. To do this, go to the "Design" tab in the "Header & Footer Tools" tab and click on "Watermark." From there, you can create a custom watermark that should show up on all pages of your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Jim wrote:
I have a document with header/footer set to different first page.
When I add a watermark to the 1st page it only appears there. if I
add it to other pages it shows on all but 1st page. However, after
adding the watermark to the first page, when I add it to the other
pages it disappears from the 1st page.

I adding the built in draft watermark.

Open the header on whichever page is currently showing the watermark. Click
to select the watermark, and copy it to the clipboard. Go to the header on
the page where it's missing, and paste.

A watermark is nothing more than a WordArt or picture object anchored in the
header and floated in the center of the page. Unfortunately, the built-in
Watermark dialog allows only one at a time, so you have to manually insert
copies elsewhere.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman