Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] lesliesainte@gmail.com is offline

Default Text formatting changes on a content control (CC) when anotherinstance of the CC is changed

I mapped a Content Control (CC) in two places in a document. Both are styled using the same style. When I change the text in either of the CCs, the text in the other one reflects the text change (as it should), but the font also changes (only in the other CC). I'm not sure what style it changes to (there is no style highlighted in style pane), but the font is clearly different. If I hit Ctl-spacebar, the font changes to the correct style that I had originally applied.

I need it to work without hitting Ctl-spacebar because I'm creating a template for inexperienced Word users. The problem happens whether I'm working in the template or a document created from the template.

Thanks for your help,
Leslie