J Lenihan

Default Footnotes restarting for each chapter

Hi

I am wondering if you can have sections in a Word document that have
endnoted at the end of each section and not the entire document. I have
looked but haven't seen anything just yet

Thanks
Daiya Mitchell

You can.

You need section breaks between each chapter, obviously.

The endnote options are in the Insert | Footnote dialog, or Insert |
Reference | Footnote. In Word 2002/03, I think they are right there--in
Word 2000/earlier, you need to click on Options from the footnote dialog.

You need to set endnotes to restart each section *and* to Place At end of
section.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/