Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WinkinVan WinkinVan is offline

Default Letters Typed in WORD Not Coming Up on the Screen as Expected

Hello all,

I'm working with Vista and Office 2007. I had to reinstall Office due to a
hard drive failure.

I had the problem I'm about to outline when I originally installed and I got
the fix from this group, but I've forgotten the solution and not been able to
find previous . Sorry!

When I type apostrophes, they're backwards; when I type a question mark, I
get a capital E with an accent; and so on. I know there is a stting that
needs to change. Can you please tell me what is it?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WinkinVan WinkinVan is offline

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest. I do have one of those laptops. Hmmmm. I dodn't
know that there was a function key to take care of this issue.

Now that I've deleted the alternatrive languages, I suspect it's a moot
pointg, but at least I know for next time.

Best regards,
Bill

"grammatim" wrote:

Are you one of the people with a (laptop-type) keyboard that has
alternate letters on some of the keys, as for typing French? There's a
"function" key somewhere on the keyboard for switching between them.
(Not a Vista or Office thing.)