Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ancient Maroner Ancient Maroner is offline

Default curser seems stuck at 3inches up on page cannot move it

When I open new page on Microsoft Word the curser shows up in center of left
margin and will not respond to keyboard up and down or mouse
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sol sol is offline

When a new page is open, the page is totally empty. The cursor is placed at
the beginning of the page which, in the case of the a new page, is also the
end of the page. I also suspect that the cursor shows up at the top of the
left margin which may look like the center on your screen. Try adding a few
lines to yiour blank page by pressing the enter key several times and you
will find the cursor now responds to the keyboard up and down arrows until
you reach either the beginning or end of the document. Also, press the space
bar a few times and the cursor will respond to the left and right arrows on
that line.

Each of the keystrokes you entered using the above increases the size of the
document only by the keystroke. If you entered 10 keystrokes in one line,
the size of that line is 10 keystrokes only. If you are at position 10 on
that line and press the right direction key, you will be taken to the next
line.

As to responding to the mouse, remember that you cannot drag the cursor with
the mouse. You can move the cursor by left clicking with the mouse.

"Ancient Maroner" wrote:

When I open new page on Microsoft Word the curser shows up in center of left
margin and will not respond to keyboard up and down or mouse

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Go to File | PageSetup and on the layout tab change the vertical alignment
from centre to top.
--
Rae Drysdale