Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word document update

Note that switching to Print Preview and then back to your current view will
force an update. To automate this procedure, use the following auto macro in
normal.dotm:

Sub AutoOpen()
Dim CurrentView As Long
CurrentView = ActiveWindow.View.Type
ActiveWindow.View.Type = 4
ActiveWindow.View.Type = CurrentView
End Sub

For more on auto macros, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bruce" wrote:

I am running Word 2007 SP 1 on Windows XP Professional SP 3. I have added
File Name to the footer of my Word Documents to help track my documents. I am
having one problem in that the name is Document1 ( or 2, 3 ...) even after I
have saved the document in the saved naming convention. It will only show the
File Name if I manually update the footer. How can I make this an automatic
feature?
--
Bruce