Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ankit Mathur Ankit Mathur is offline

Default Recovering Text from word file.

Hi, By Mistake i cut some text from a document and saved that file without
knowing that I have not pasted that text there, after that i closed Word and
restarted the computer after some time only to find that my file is gone with
all the data missing.
So now i just want to find out if there is any way that the lost text can be
recovered. I have tried using confirm conversion at opening option but it
seems that there is nothing which can be recovered now but that text is
really important for me.
Any inputs would be highly appreciated my email address is

Regards!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If you cut the text & restarted the computer without pasting the content
into some sort of file, the text is gone. There is no way to recover it
unless you have a backup of the file which was created before cutting.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Ankit Mathur" Ankit wrote in message
Hi, By Mistake i cut some text from a document and saved that file without
knowing that I have not pasted that text there, after that i closed Word
and
restarted the computer after some time only to find that my file is gone
with
all the data missing.
So now i just want to find out if there is any way that the lost text can
be
recovered. I have tried using confirm conversion at opening option but it
seems that there is nothing which can be recovered now but that text is
really important for me.
Any inputs would be highly appreciated my email address is

Regards!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ankit Mathur Ankit Mathur is offline

What if the backup option was not avtivated at the time I restarted the
computer?
Regards
Ankit

"CyberTaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's no way to do this retroactively. If it wasn't enabled when you saved
the document, then you're sunk. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

news

"CyberTaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ankit Mathur Ankit Mathur is offline

Thank you folks I really appreciate your inputs on the same.
I know that this time I have made a blunder and I am sunk.
Thanks Again
Regards
Ankit Mathur