Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carol

Default Freeware book template with illustration capability

Hello Pamela,

I think the link below will be helpful to you.

http://www.oreilly.com/oreilly/author/

" wrote:

Where is the best place to get freeware OpenOffice/MS Office book
templates?

I would like to write a book (wouldn't we all) and need a decent
Windows XP Microsoft Word book template to get my courage up.

At the moment, staring at a wholly blank unformatted page scares me too
much.

Do you know of a good book template for Microsoft Word or for
OpenOffice (I'm not sure if they use the same formats or not).

Do prospective publishers accept OpenOffice yet as an acceptable
format?

Thanks for your advice,
Pamela

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Carol wrote:
http://www.oreilly.com/oreilly/author/

Thank you very much Carol.

Yes, this is just what the doctor ordered.

Not only does that site tell you everything you need to know to write a
technical book, but, that O' Reilly site seems to have the template I
was looking for for Microsoft Word and for Adobe FrameMaker (and a
bunch of more esoteric formats, including OpenOffice).

My book is still a blank page though

Thank you very much,
Pamela