Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SamA

Default New word document, cursor in wrong place

When I open a new Word document the cursor is at 0.0" instead of at 0.5"
(where I have the default setting for headers).

When I do a View - Headers and Footers and then close the view the cursor
is in the correct place, 0.5".

I have not made any changes to normal.dot, at least as far as I know.

How can I get the cursor back to 0.5" without going through the addition
step of opening the Headers and Footers drop down?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Tools Options View (tab)

Check "White space between pages" in the Print and Web Layout Options
section.

You can turn this off (or on) with an errant mouse click on your screen but
it is easier to turn off that way than it is to turn it back on. If you go
to the gray area between pages with your pointer, it will turn into a couple
of white blocks, one over the other. The tool tip is "Hide white space" or
"Show white space." See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"SamA" wrote in message
When I open a new Word document the cursor is at 0.0" instead of at 0.5"
(where I have the default setting for headers).

When I do a View - Headers and Footers and then close the view the cursor
is in the correct place, 0.5".

I have not made any changes to normal.dot, at least as far as I know.

How can I get the cursor back to 0.5" without going through the addition
step of opening the Headers and Footers drop down?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Only Ork

Default PARDON MY INTRUSION HERE

FROM THE MICROSOFT "GETTING STARTED" POSTING ABOUT HOW TO START A NEW THREAD:
"Enter a brief, meaningful summary in the Subject box . . .
Enter a good description ... in the Body box."
Well, so help me God, after clicking on "New" and then "General Comment" in
the drop-down menu, I can't bring up any Subject box or any Body box to save
my life !
I repeatedly try, and I see only a little blink in my display and ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING ELSE.
Succinctly... (SORRY TO POST IRRELEVANT TO THIS THREAD) Anybody advise me?
I log in, I read the postings, I can even post a reply like this one. But NO
WAY can I post a new thread. I'm 8 years experienced with internet browsing,
but I can't find a way to reveal any of the above-described fields to start a
new thread !!
Donnyork in So'Cal
--
Donnyork in So''Cal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When I do this, I get a separate window headed New Comment. Perhaps this
window is opening behind your main browser window or minimizing to the
Taskbar? FWIW, the "Body" box is actually labeled "Message."