Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multiply Excel Charts into Word

Im trying to puzzle which is the best strategy to get a number of excel
graphs (say 6) onto a single word page without all the sizing becoming
messed up. So that all the graphs are the same size and nicely
aligned.

The major problem I have is, when exporting them out of Excel the
graphs are different sizes, primarily due to excel's ability to add
the key and then size the graph with what space is left.

Once pasted this results in all the word graphs become different sizes
and poorly aligned.

I must confess I do export them as a paste rather than just a picture,
(paste special). But I like the flexibility to make minor corrections
to their appearance such as altering titles later.

Does anyone please have any ideas of
a) A way of getting excel graphs to align 6 or 4 to a word page. Such
as templating?
b) A way of getting excel to always produce exactly the same size of
graph, despite having variable length key's (source data series
names).

I really would much appreciate comments on this problem and any
solutions.
Many Thanks
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

I have never tried this, but you might try creating a one-column Table in
Word, turn off "Automatically Resize to Fit Contents" and set the width
where you want it, and paste your graphs in there. I would think the graph
would size to the width of the table cell. How many can stack up like this
would depend on your height-to-width ratios, and how high each one will be
when imported. If they're all the same size in Excel with the key added,
then I would presume they should all be the same in Word.

HTH
Ed

ups.com...