Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TBroome TBroome is offline

Default Send Merged documents to Outlook Draft Folder instead of Outbox

Is there a way to change the default destination of the mail merge output
when using Word to create mass emails.
By default the Word Mail Merge sends the emails through Outlook immediately
upon execution of the mail merge.

I need the merge results placed in the Outlook Drafts folders where I can
edit them and add attachments prior to executing the actual "send".

Can this be controlled with sendings or VBA Macro?

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

While that will not send them to the Draft Folder, it will allow you to edit
the letters and add attachments

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"TBroome" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the default destination of the mail merge output
when using Word to create mass emails.
By default the Word Mail Merge sends the emails through Outlook
immediately
upon execution of the mail merge.

I need the merge results placed in the Outlook Drafts folders where I can
edit them and add attachments prior to executing the actual "send".

Can this be controlled with sendings or VBA Macro?

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TBroome TBroome is offline

Default Send Merged documents to Outlook Draft Folder instead of Outbo

Thanks Doug - This should automate a large part of my efforts.
I'm already using Clickyes and this will mean that I only have a problem if
a final review and approval of the message is required prior to the SEND
being executed.

I appreciate your willingness to help others out.

Thad

"TBroome" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the default destination of the mail merge output
when using Word to create mass emails.
By default the Word Mail Merge sends the emails through Outlook
immediately
upon execution of the mail merge.

I need the merge results placed in the Outlook Drafts folders where I can
edit them and add attachments prior to executing the actual "send".

Can this be controlled with sendings or VBA Macro?

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Just tell Outlook not to send messages immediately and they will all sit in
the Outbox where you can do what you want with them until you are ready to
send them.