Stugotz

Default How do you change highlight color in word 2003?

I am in law school and must create exstensive outlines for each class and can
only use a few of the stock highlight colors since the rest are WAY too dark
when printed on a color printer, is there any way to pick my own shades for
highlighting just as I can choose text colors?
tjtjjtjt

Well, you could select the text in question and go to Format | Borders and
Shading | Shading | More Colors and pick a color from there.
If you have experience with macros, you may be able to write one that would
give you access to (an)other color(s).

tj

"Stugotz" wrote:

I am in law school and must create exstensive outlines for each class and can
only use a few of the stock highlight colors since the rest are WAY too dark
when printed on a color printer, is there any way to pick my own shades for
highlighting just as I can choose text colors?

tjtjjtjt

An example of a macro to highlight selected text:

Sub LightGreen()
Selection.Font.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = 12253391
End Sub

As you may have guessed from the name, this yields a light green color on my
system.

tj

"Stugotz" wrote:

I am in law school and must create exstensive outlines for each class and can
only use a few of the stock highlight colors since the rest are WAY too dark
when printed on a color printer, is there any way to pick my own shades for
highlighting just as I can choose text colors?

Stugotz

Wow, thanks for the response!

A bit beyond my level of knowledge but I will try to figure it out from your
directions. Just sucks when I can barely type as fast as professor if
speaking and half the stock highlight colors as WAY too dark for black
text......no one actually buys highlighters those colors anyways....cause
they are too dark...duh....!
Daiya Mitchell

Re the macro, see he
What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me
out?
I don't know how to install them and put them to use
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

I don't know how you would go about determining the number for different
colors, other than trial and error with the recorder, I suppose, so see
also:

Creating a macro with no programming experience using the recorder
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/UsingRecorder.htm

And for speedy execution, a keyboard shortcut to apply the color will be
fastest, so see also:

How to assign a Word command or macro to a toolbar or menu
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...oToToolbar.htm

And finally, if you are taking notes for class, I *strongly* suspect that
setting up some custom abbreviations in AutoCorrect will speed you up as
well, if you haven't already done that, see he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/