Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
posysilas posysilas is offline

Default How do I close a Word file and not revert to my email program scre

Somewhere along the line I set a preference, I think in MS Office Word 2003,
that I can't undo. I set my Word to take me to my Lotus Notes Mail program
every time I close a Word document. For instance, if I have my Mail program
open, and three Word documents open, and I am working in Word, when I close a
Word file, instead of staying in Word and showing me the other open files, I
get "Alt Tabbed" to Lotus notes, and have to click back on Word to continue
on. This doesn't happen with Excel or Windows Explorer, so I think I must
have found the Setting option in Word, but I can't find it again! I've also
looked all over Notes, to no avail. HELP, please??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi posysilas,

If Tools/Options/View/Show/Windows in Taskbar is ticked, try unticking it.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Ed

"posysilas" wrote:

Somewhere along the line I set a preference, I think in MS Office Word 2003,
that I can't undo. I set my Word to take me to my Lotus Notes Mail program
every time I close a Word document. For instance, if I have my Mail program
open, and three Word documents open, and I am working in Word, when I close a
Word file, instead of staying in Word and showing me the other open files, I
get "Alt Tabbed" to Lotus notes, and have to click back on Word to continue
on. This doesn't happen with Excel or Windows Explorer, so I think I must
have found the Setting option in Word, but I can't find it again! I've also
looked all over Notes, to no avail. HELP, please??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
posysilas posysilas is offline

Default How do I close a Word file and not revert to my email program

It worked! My sanity thanks you!!