Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default HOW TO DIGITIZE MY SIGNATURE IN WORD 2007 DOCUMENT

The problem is that the average user will not be interested in your
signature. It is the fraudster that you need to protect yourself from and it
will take all of 30 seconds to extract a signature from *any* document that
you allow the fraudster to see - whatever protection you put into place.

PamC via OfficeKB.com wrote:
The advantage of making it*less easy* for someone to pick up my sig
image and paste it onto a different document. And the advantage of
making it *harder* to alter what I sent. Because of who I'm sending
the information to, I am not so conecerned about absolute security
here, just carelessness.

I am aware that most locks--of any kind--are inneffective against the
determined amateur and the professional thief and that just putting
purses in a flimsy-lock drawer, rather than setting them on the desk
or floor, can cut down on office petty thefts.

Cheers,
Pam

Graham Mayor wrote:
What advantage do you feel you obtained from converting to PDF here?
It certainly won't prevent it from being copied. *Any* time you
allow someone to see your signature it is vulnerable to being
digitized and reproduced.

I just looked this up today in W2007's help under electronic
signatures. The process seemed like a lot of trouble for sending

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

PamC