Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titus213 Titus213 is offline

Default How to request read receipt in Word

When I use Word as an e-mail source, I can not find on my menu/bars how to
request a read receipt. There is one when I use Outlook, but not when
sending directly by Word. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VGl0dXMyMTM=?=,

When I use Word as an e-mail source, I can not find on my menu/bars how to
request a read receipt. There is one when I use Outlook, but not when
sending directly by Word.

I suppose what's available depends to a certain extent on the version of
Office/Outlook you're working with (Outlook still provides the email
functionality it Word). But...

On my Office 2003 installation there's an "Options" button at the right-hand
end of the email toolbar. Click that and you get a dialog box with the
setting you're looking for.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Titus213 Titus213 is offline

Thank you Cindy for taking your time in addressing my problem, unfortunately
it didn't work for me. You are correct in saying it depends on what software
one is running. I am running Microsoft Windows XP (Professional) Version
2002. Maybe I should certaintly upgrade.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?VGl0dXMyMTM=?=,

When I use Word as an e-mail source, I can not find on my menu/bars how to
request a read receipt. There is one when I use Outlook, but not when
sending directly by Word.

I suppose what's available depends to a certain extent on the version of
Office/Outlook you're working with (Outlook still provides the email
functionality it Word). But...

On my Office 2003 installation there's an "Options" button at the right-hand
end of the email toolbar. Click that and you get a dialog box with the
setting you're looking for.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VGl0dXMyMTM=?=,

Thank you Cindy for taking your time in addressing my problem, unfortunately
it didn't work for me. You are correct in saying it depends on what software
one is running. I am running Microsoft Windows XP (Professional) Version
2002. Maybe I should certaintly upgrade.

After I posted, I realized there are two "email" toolbars in Word (2003, probably
also in 2002). I was using the File/Send To/Mail Recipient command when I
answered your question. If you use the "Email" toolbar from View/Toolbars I think
the options aren't there. The Send To/Mail Recipient hooks up an Outlook
"envelope" you can't get to using View/Toolbars.

When I use Word as an e-mail source, I can not find on my menu/bars how to
request a read receipt. There is one when I use Outlook, but not when
sending directly by Word.

I suppose what's available depends to a certain extent on the version of
Office/Outlook you're working with (Outlook still provides the email
functionality it Word). But...

On my Office 2003 installation there's an "Options" button at the right-hand
end of the email toolbar. Click that and you get a dialog box with the
setting you're looking for.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org