Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Psiber_Space Psiber_Space is offline

Default Can I control how a word document will appear on my webpage?

In my personal webpage, I would like to open a Word document within a frame
on my page. I can get the document to show up in the frame no problem, but
I'm wondering if there are any commands (html or javascript) that I can use
to control how the document appears. For example, the document opens and the
reviewing menu bar opens with it, or else hidden characters will be seen.
I'm sure the hidden characters is a result of how that control was last set,
but how do I make it so that hidden characters won't be seen when open in the
browser? I'm using Word 2003 and IE 7, but I would like my webpage to open
correctly in as many browsers as possible.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Minimal control at best. What do you hope will happen if the user doesn't
have Word on their computer?

"Psiber_Space" wrote in message
In my personal webpage, I would like to open a Word document within a
frame
on my page. I can get the document to show up in the frame no problem,
but
I'm wondering if there are any commands (html or javascript) that I can
use
to control how the document appears. For example, the document opens and
the
reviewing menu bar opens with it, or else hidden characters will be seen.
I'm sure the hidden characters is a result of how that control was last
set,
but how do I make it so that hidden characters won't be seen when open in
the
browser? I'm using Word 2003 and IE 7, but I would like my webpage to
open
correctly in as many browsers as possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a .pdf file instead.

--

JoAnn Paules