Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lizb Lizb is offline

Default Word 2007 is justifying all my text even though I have set Left-al

I need my text to be left-aligned (ragged right margin) but although the
Alignment dropdown box on Paragraph Indents and Spacing is set to Left when
I type I'm getting my lines justified across the page. On the Page Layout
Tab, Align is set to Align to Page. If I change it to Align to Margin
nothing happens. The only other options in Align that are active are view
Gridelines and Grid Settings.

I'm using Dark Courier 12, double spacing (I've tried exact with 24pt, it
makes no difference to the horizonal alignment), I don't have
windows/orpahans checked, and I've unchecked "Don't Add a space between paras
of the same style".

What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you select some text that is already entered in the document and then set
the alignment via FormatParagraph, is the alignment changed to that which
you want?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lizb" wrote in message
I need my text to be left-aligned (ragged right margin) but although the
Alignment dropdown box on Paragraph Indents and Spacing is set to Left
when
I type I'm getting my lines justified across the page. On the Page Layout
Tab, Align is set to Align to Page. If I change it to Align to Margin
nothing happens. The only other options in Align that are active are view
Gridelines and Grid Settings.

I'm using Dark Courier 12, double spacing (I've tried exact with 24pt, it
makes no difference to the horizonal alignment), I don't have
windows/orpahans checked, and I've unchecked "Don't Add a space between
paras
of the same style".

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lizb Lizb is offline

Default Word 2007 is justifying all my text even though I have set Lef

Hi, Doug. I tried that but it didn't help. In the end I opened a new blank
document and copied all the text to it, to see if the problem was just with
the original. In the new doument the alignment wroked correctly. I saved it
and deleted the original. It must have been corrupted somehow.
Thanks for your help.
Liz