Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lizb Lizb is offline

Default Inconsistent number of lines to a page (Word 2007)

I have turned Widow/Orphans off, but I'm still getting inconsistencies with
the number of lines on my pages. I'm using Dark Courier, double spacing and 1
inch margins all around. I need to have 24 lines per page and most of the
time that's what I get. But sometimes the last line is empty, so I only have
23. It can happen in the middle of a paragraph. or when a new paragraph
occurs. It's really noticable because I have the date in the footer and the
additional empty line above it stand out like a flag.

In case it's of any interest, my document is 430 pages long. The problem is
drving me nuts! does anyone have any idea how I can fix it
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 3 May 2008 10:33:01 -0700, Lizb wrote:

I have turned Widow/Orphans off, but I'm still getting inconsistencies with
the number of lines on my pages. I'm using Dark Courier, double spacing and 1
inch margins all around. I need to have 24 lines per page and most of the
time that's what I get. But sometimes the last line is empty, so I only have
23. It can happen in the middle of a paragraph. or when a new paragraph
occurs. It's really noticable because I have the date in the footer and the
additional empty line above it stand out like a flag.

In case it's of any interest, my document is 430 pages long. The problem is
drving me nuts! does anyone have any idea how I can fix it

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for a number of
suggestions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lizb Lizb is offline

Thanks Jay. I looked at that and the suggestion to set lines "Exactly" and 24
didn't help. I still see the same issue.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make sure the space before and after for all text styles/paragraphs is zero.

PamC

Lizb wrote:
Thanks Jay. I looked at that and the suggestion to set lines "Exactly" and 24
didn't help. I still see the same issue.

I have turned Widow/Orphans off, but I'm still getting inconsistencies with
the number of lines on my pages. I'm using Dark Courier, double spacing and 1

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or an integer multiple of the line spacing.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Lizb wrote:
Thanks Jay. I looked at that and the suggestion to set lines "Exactly" and
24
didn't help. I still see the same issue.

I have turned Widow/Orphans off, but I'm still getting inconsistencies
with
the number of lines on my pages. I'm using Dark Courier, double spacing
and 1

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
newsgroup so all may benefit.