Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rosanne Ramos

Default Merged cells make row disappear in table

Hi Experts!

I'm trying to merge cells to create a row, and when I get to the last two
cells, Word makes the row disappear in the table. The 'weird' thing is then
the row reappears at the top of the page, floating above the table. How do I
get the row to stay in the table?

Thanks bunches,
--
Rosanne Ramos
San Diego, California USA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Make sure the table isn't wrapped: On the Table menu, click Table
Properties. Click the Table tab. At "Text wrapping", click "None".
Click OK.

Also, you may want to do the following: On the Format menu, click
Columns. Click the "One" option at "Presets" (even if it already seems
to be selected), and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rosanne Ramos" wrote in message
news
Hi Experts!

I'm trying to merge cells to create a row, and when I get to the
last two
cells, Word makes the row disappear in the table. The 'weird' thing

is then
the row reappears at the top of the page, floating above the table.

How do I
get the row to stay in the table?

Thanks bunches,
--