Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
olddog618

Default Why do I get an extra page when I mail merge a word document?

I am new to using mail merge, and the first time I tried it was from a list
of contacts in Outlook. It worked great except I got an extra blank page
after each letter. I was sure the letter fit on one page and there were no
extra lines at the end. The blank pages did not show up if I scrolled trhough
the letters, but they did appear in the page count at the bottom of the
screen, and they came out when I printed the job. Today I am trying again,
with another source for the address list, and it merged fine, but I am having
the same problem. If I just use the first record to create a letter it does
not put in an extra sheet, but as soon as I do more than one it throws the
extra sheet in after each one until the last one.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the mail merge main document, click on the ¶ (Show/Hide) button and make
sure that there are no empty paragraph marks at the end of the document.
Also check the formatting of the first paragraph in the document to make
sure that it is not formatted to have a page break before it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP