Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
bootscootin bev bootscootin bev is offline

Default HOW DO I MAKE HEADER AREA SMALLER IN LENGTH

the header area is too long and i am unable to make it smaller. tried margins
in page setup
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HOW DO I MAKE HEADER AREA SMALLER IN LENGTH

To make the header area smaller in length in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the header area to activate it.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab in the top menu.
  3. In the "Options" group, click on "Header/Footer Size."
  4. Select "Custom Header Size" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Height" field, enter the desired height for the header.
  6. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

If you have already tried adjusting the margins in the Page Setup, and it did not work, then this method should work for you. By following these steps, you can easily adjust the size of the header area to your liking.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Select the header paragraphs. In Format | Paragraph, Indents and
Spacing tab, make sure that left and right indents are both set to
zero.

If you are in fact referring to header *height*:

Press the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar to display nonprinting
marks. See if there are any blank paragraphs (¶) in the header. If you
find any, delete them.

Another thing to check: Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab.
Reduce the values for Spacing Before and After.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bootscootin bev" wrote in message
the header area is too long and i am unable to make it smaller.
tried margins in page setup

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

On the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure the vertical alignment is set to
Top and not Centered.

"bootscootin bev" bootscootin wrote in
message ...