Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

Default TOC using text from Header/Footer area

Is it possible to build a TOC using text in the header/footer area? I have
tried using field codes but it seems the TOC doesnt recognize the text in the
header area.
It is very possible I am not doing something right.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

No, it's not possible. The TOC is built from the contents of the body of the
document. Since headers are (usually) repeated on each page, what page
number would be shown in the TOC?