Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jo529 jo529 is offline

Default How eliminate underlining in Outline Mode?

Word underlines the headings in Outline Mode that have content "under them,"
which I find to be extremely annoying. Virtually all of my items have
subordinate content, and I just want the outlining of virtually every heading
to simply go away. Can anybody tell me how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?am81Mjk=?=,

Word underlines the headings in Outline Mode that have content "under them,"
which I find to be extremely annoying. Virtually all of my items have
subordinate content, and I just want the outlining of virtually every heading
to simply go away. Can anybody tell me how to do this?

These aren't "underlines" in the usual sense of the word. Think of it as Word
showing you the collapsed text - literally - as all smushed up, so it looks like
a line. And no, there's no way to suppress this display.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)