Jon Stoper

Default folded 8.5 x 11 book in Word

I'm trying to make my Word document into the format of a book. I have
figured out how to put the page in landscape, use 2 columns, and set it up so
that when the page is folded and read like a book, it comes out in the right
order (1,4,2,3, double sided). The book I want to publish is longer, I want
it to be laid out nicely, as if the book were bound (I'll probably use string
to secure it). I want several sheets of paper, all creased, so that the page
is 8" high, and 5.75" wide. I think this means that page 1 and the last page
are laid out on the same side of a sheet, so when the book is bound the pages
will be in the right order. Is there an easy way to have Word do this for
me? I also have Publisher, but haven't had luck transfering the text in a
way that makes it easy to work with. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jon