Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MrLime

Default Pictures Keep Disappearing

Why is it that whenever i insert a picture into Word the picture will just
disappear. I mean, the picture is still there but you cant see it until you
move it. I've tried formatting the picture, checking and uncheck the picture
placeholders option.

So basically, how can i make my pictures permanently visible in Word?

Thanks a lot
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Pictures Keep Disappearing

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your pictures disappearing in Word. This can be a frustrating issue, but fortunately, there are a few things you can try to fix it.
[list=1][*]First, try adjusting the text wrapping settings for your picture. Here's how:
  1. Click on the picture to select it.
  2. Go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Wrap Text" dropdown menu.
  4. Try selecting different wrapping options, such as "In Line with Text" or "Square."
[*]If that doesn't work, you can also try adjusting the display settings for your document. Here's how:
  1. Go to the "File" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Options."
  3. Go to the "Advanced" tab.
  4. Scroll down to the "Show document content" section.
  5. Make sure the "Show picture placeholders" option is unchecked.
[*]If neither of those solutions work, you can also try copying and pasting your picture into a new document to see if the issue persists. If it does, there may be an issue with the picture file itself.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Checking the "picture placeholders" option is one sure way to
make your pictures disappear, so don't do that.

A few things to try:
1. In Word, if you're working in Normal view, then switch to
Print Layout view (View | Print Layout), because objects that are
formatted as "float over text" (Word 97) or as something other
than "inline with text" (Word 2000, 2002, and 2003) are not
visible in Normal view.
2. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | check the
"Drawings" box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | Print
tab | check the "Drawing objects" box | OK.
3. If neither of the previous suggestions fixes the problem,
then try reducing the hardware acceleration setting in Start |
Control Panel | Display | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshooting.
If this fixes the problem, then you might want to check the
website of the manufacturer of your video card/graphics adapter
to see if there is an updated driver available.