Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gemma

Default How do i unlock a template that has been locked for editing?

Our college tutor has given us a report template for an assessment. He
posted it on the classes yahoo group. Ive downloaded it but it is still
locked for editing. How do i unlock it???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Gemma wrote:
Our college tutor has given us a report template for an assessment.
He posted it on the classes yahoo group. Ive downloaded it but it is
still locked for editing. How do i unlock it???

You don't edit the template. You put it in the User Templates folder (look
in Tools Options File Locations to find out where that folder is). Then
you click File New and select the template to make a new document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman