scott

Default how do i add vertical bars between words?

I'm trying to create vertical lines -- like musical barlines -- to separate
words or lines of prose. Not slanted slashes. Also -- once I can do this,
could I alter size / font (e.g., bold)?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i add vertical bars between words?

  1. Open your Word document and place your cursor where you want to insert the vertical bar.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section.
  4. Click on "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" tab, select "General Punctuation" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the "Vertical Line" symbol (it looks like a straight vertical bar) and click on it to select it.
  7. Click on the "Insert" button to insert the symbol into your document.
  8. You can adjust the size and font of the vertical bar by highlighting it and changing the font size and style in the "Home" tab.
If you want to add multiple vertical bars, you can copy and paste the symbol or use the "Insert" tab to insert multiple symbols.
__________________
Daiya Mitchell

Shift-\ gives me a | on my keyboard (US layout). Select to edit. Once you
have it the way you like it, consider AutoCorrect or AutoText if it was a
hassle to format.

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

If you want a | that crosses several lines, that's possible too.

On 12/30/04 10:17 PM, "scott" wrote:

I'm trying to create vertical lines -- like musical barlines -- to separate
words or lines of prose. Not slanted slashes. Also -- once I can do this,
could I alter size / font (e.g., bold)?

sf

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:43:23 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

This character is called a "pipe" and should be found on all keyboards (it
is used in some DOS commands).

| which is shift + \?

Yes.

news
wrote:

This character is called a "pipe" and should be found on all keyboards

(it
is used in some DOS commands).

| which is shift + \?

Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:46 AM
Finding words near other words AH Microsoft Word Help 5 December 16th 04 04:23 PM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 11:17 PM
How do I print a document showing change bars in the margin but n. mburns2 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 03:30 AM
Recurring words/phrases Pegge New Users 1 December 9th 04 03:08 AM