Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Startup file

How do I locate the startup file for MS Word 2003? Is there a statement on
how to clean it somewhere? I have an add-in that is not working right. Thanks
--
JRF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

I assume you're refering to the Normal.dot default template file. Usually
located under the folder where Office has been installed.

You can delete this file and it will be recreated upon opening Word with all
the defaluts restored.
--
Kevin Backmann

" wrote:

How do I locate the startup file for MS Word 2003? Is there a statement on
how to clean it somewhere? I have an add-in that is not working right. Thanks
--
JRF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

There are two startup directories ...

One is at (installation root)\office11\startup
The other is user-configuarble via Tools Options File Locations but by
default is (documents and settings\userid)\application
data\microsoft\word\startup

Depending on what your AddIn problem is, you may or may not be able to sort
it - unless you just want to remove it.

You may also have COM AddIns - which are controlled by registry entries.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

" wrote in
message ...
How do I locate the startup file for MS Word 2003? Is there a statement on
how to clean it somewhere? I have an add-in that is not working right.

Thanks
--
JRF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, I am asking about the startup file for MS Word itself that handles
add-ins and the like , not the Normal template. Where is that startup with
add-ins located, and is there a MVP statement on it somewhere? Thanks
--
JRF

" wrote:

How do I locate the startup file for MS Word 2003? Is there a statement on
how to clean it somewhere? I have an add-in that is not working right. Thanks
--
JRF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

There is no "startup file" -- there is a Startup *folder*, and any template
stored in that folder will be loaded as a global template (a.k.a. "add-in")
when Word starts. In fact, there are *two* Startup folders, but only the one
listed in Tools Options File Locations is a "trusted" location for
purposes of macro security. This and more is explained at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman