Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tomax7

Default Word wise...where is print preview and pasted pictures don't show

Ticks me off this new 2007 verison, confusing as heck, what drugs are
these guys on at Microsoft?

I get image placeholders in Word 2007 and there is NO HELP in Word
explaining how to turn it off like in older versions Tools/Options,
uncheck box for image placeholder. Oh type Image Placeholder in HELP
and get a Windows Security Hint...Ha...what a joke.

Who was the brain child thinking that clients who have worked 10+ years
with Word can change it overnight?

Like Print Preview. So simple before, nice little icon on the toolbar,
now one has to click on a stupid big button, then remember not to click
on the PRINT button, but the stupid dropdown arrow beside it, then
Print Preview.

This is progress??? Yes it is Beta, but come on, how many years and versions
of Office do we have and still got bugs?

Back to original question, any ideas how to TURN ON an image so I can
see the ruddy thing?

And no, not like another place in Help is says my unit isn't powerful
enough...I got a 2.8G with 512MB on a 120GB HD. Don't tell me 512 Ram
isn't enough.

Totally disgusted with this new FP interface...

FP=FisherPrice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dG9tYXg3?=,

Back to original question, any ideas how to TURN ON an image so I can
see the ruddy thing?

The round button at the top left, Word Options. On the left, choose
"Advanced". Scroll down until you find "Show document content". It's the
third entry from the top in this section. (At least, in the beta build
I'm using).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tomax7

Default Word wise...where is print preview and pasted pictures don't s

Thanks Cindy! Worked!

Ok, now I have to ask...

WHY??????? Who thought it would be better to not show a pasted image by
default than not. And why move the Options to a difficult location? I was
surfing all the Ribbons looking for image options, and "TOOLS", never thought
of hitting the "dummy button".

Oh, one more question if I may. Why did MS also hide the "Print Preview"
button?

cheers
tom

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?dG9tYXg3?=,

Back to original question, any ideas how to TURN ON an image so I can
see the ruddy thing?

The round button at the top left, Word Options. On the left, choose
"Advanced". Scroll down until you find "Show document content". It's the
third entry from the top in this section. (At least, in the beta build
I'm using).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Tom,

You can use many (but not all) of the Word 2003 shortcut keys in Word 2007. Alt+T, O for example takes you to the Word Options
screen in 2007, but Alt+F,V won't take you to Print Preview (but Ctrl+F2 or Alt+Ctrl+I will)

A lot of the 'what's there by default' choices came from MS gathering of anonymous data from the 'Customer Experience' options in
Help=Customer Feedback Options
from Word 2003.

Those items on the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) were commonly used. Print Preview apparently didn't make 'the cut' as a default, but
you can add it from File[Office Button]=Word Options=Customization.

The 'Office Button' is, apparently, mimicing the new Windows Vista replacement for the Windows 95-XP 'Start Button'.
http://www.winsupersite.com/images/s...ta5270_002.jpg
The new start button has only the Windows logo on it (no text).

Don't forget to send your feedback on your Office 2007 experience directly to the MS Office product team using the 2007 feedback
tool from the link below.

======

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net