Table of Contents

Old May 1st 09, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne S

Default Table of Contents

I've built a table of contents based on heading styles. The heading styles
look fine within the document, but when I create a TOC, Heading 2 is BOLD in
TOC and should not be? When I look at the preview in Index/Tables, it does
not show as bold and when I look at the options and modfications, it's not
marked to be bold. How can I fix this?
Old May 1st 09, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you applied bold formatting to your Heading 2 as direct formatting (as
opposed to bold being included in the style)? Any direct font formatting
will be picked up by the TOC.

Also note that the Zoom ratio can make a difference; often text looks bold
when it really isn't. Does it still look bold in Print Preview?

http://word.mvps.org

news

Old May 1st 09, 02:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne S

Hi Suzanne

I have not applied any bold formatting to headings. When I look at print
preview it does NOT show it as bold? What is zoom ratio?

Thanks
Jeanne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you applied bold formatting to your Heading 2 as direct formatting (as
opposed to bold being included in the style)? Any direct font formatting
will be picked up by the TOC.

Also note that the Zoom ratio can make a difference; often text looks bold
when it really isn't. Does it still look bold in Print Preview?

http://word.mvps.org

news

Old May 1st 09, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The number in the View | Zoom box. If you are using more than 100%, ordinary
type may appear bold.

http://word.mvps.org

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you applied bold formatting to your Heading 2 as direct formatting
(as
opposed to bold being included in the style)? Any direct font formatting
will be picked up by the TOC.

Also note that the Zoom ratio can make a difference; often text looks
bold
when it really isn't. Does it still look bold in Print Preview?

http://word.mvps.org

news

Old May 1st 09, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne S

That was it! Crazy - thank you so much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you applied bold formatting to your Heading 2 as direct formatting
(as
opposed to bold being included in the style)? Any direct font formatting
will be picked up by the TOC.

Also note that the Zoom ratio can make a difference; often text looks
bold
when it really isn't. Does it still look bold in Print Preview?

http://word.mvps.org

news I've built a table of contents based on heading styles. The heading