George Wilson

Default Two rows repeating as header row

I am currently using Word 2003 and I have a table that spans 3 pages. When I
try an make the header row repeat all pages it repeats the first 2 rows
instead of just one. None of the cells are merged and it does have a weird
header on the second page. It seems when viewing the header on the second an
third pages the header extends all the way down to the footer. Anyone know
what might cause this behavior? Are both of these issues related?
TIA
George