Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alan Kinroy Alan Kinroy is offline

Default How do I have several sections but no blank pages inserted in betw

What I want is section 1 - Title page, one page no header or footer
Section 2, four pages front matter, arabic numbered ii-v, different odd & even
Section 3 starting on 6th page numbered 1, different odd & even

If I have a section break (even page) at the end of section 2 I can get
section 3 to start on page 6, but the numbering won't start other than at 2.
If I have section break (odd page) or section break (next page) at the end
of section 2, my third section starts on the 7th page with a blank page on
the 6th page.
I can't establish what causes the blank page, or how to get the numbering to
start at 1 if I use my section break (even page)
Can anyone help me with this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If Word thinks you are going to duplex, which it does if you have enabled
either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even" (as you have), it will
not allow you to print an even (verso) page with an odd number. Page 1 must
(and should) be a recto (right-hand) page.

"Alan Kinroy" wrote in message
What I want is section 1 - Title page, one page no header or footer
Section 2, four pages front matter, arabic numbered ii-v, different odd &
even
Section 3 starting on 6th page numbered 1, different odd & even

If I have a section break (even page) at the end of section 2 I can get
section 3 to start on page 6, but the numbering won't start other than at
2.
If I have section break (odd page) or section break (next page) at the end
of section 2, my third section starts on the 7th page with a blank page on
the 6th page.
I can't establish what causes the blank page, or how to get the numbering
start at 1 if I use my section break (even page)
Can anyone help me with this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Word does not allow you to insert an odd page number on an even page if you
have turned on "Different odd and even".

You have told Word that you want different even and odd pages. Page 6 is an
even page (6 is an even number). When you set the page number of page 6 to 1,
you also ask Word to change the page to an odd page (because 1 is an odd
number). Therefore, Word inserts a blank page 6 in front of the page that you
changed to number 1 (which can be seen in Print Preview).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Alan Kinroy" wrote:

What I want is section 1 - Title page, one page no header or footer
Section 2, four pages front matter, arabic numbered ii-v, different odd & even
Section 3 starting on 6th page numbered 1, different odd & even

If I have a section break (even page) at the end of section 2 I can get
section 3 to start on page 6, but the numbering won't start other than at 2.
If I have section break (odd page) or section break (next page) at the end
of section 2, my third section starts on the 7th page with a blank page on
the 6th page.
I can't establish what causes the blank page, or how to get the numbering to
start at 1 if I use my section break (even page)
Can anyone help me with this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alan Kinroy Alan Kinroy is offline

Default How do I have several sections but no blank pages inserted in

Given that a blank page will be inserted, can I get a header and footer to
display on that page, rather than it being completely blank?
Thanks

"Alan Kinroy" wrote:

What I want is section 1 - Title page, one page no header or footer
Section 2, four pages front matter, arabic numbered ii-v, different odd & even
Section 3 starting on 6th page numbered 1, different odd & even

If I have a section break (even page) at the end of section 2 I can get
section 3 to start on page 6, but the numbering won't start other than at 2.
If I have section break (odd page) or section break (next page) at the end
of section 2, my third section starts on the 7th page with a blank page on
the 6th page.
I can't establish what causes the blank page, or how to get the numbering to
start at 1 if I use my section break (even page)
Can anyone help me with this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

As far as I know and can see when testing, the header and footer will always
be invisible on an odd page if the page is a result of having "Mirror margins
"or "Different odd and even" turned on and if the page does not include other
content.

--

"Alan Kinroy" wrote:

What I want is section 1 - Title page, one page no header or footer
Section 2, four pages front matter, arabic numbered ii-v, different odd & even
Section 3 starting on 6th page numbered 1, different odd & even

If I have a section break (even page) at the end of section 2 I can get
section 3 to start on page 6, but the numbering won't start other than at 2.
If I have section break (odd page) or section break (next page) at the end
of section 2, my third section starts on the 7th page with a blank page on
the 6th page.
I can't establish what causes the blank page, or how to get the numbering to
start at 1 if I use my section break (even page)
Can anyone help me with this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that it is not conventional in publishing to have any text at all on
such blank pages. However, if you are required to print, e.g., "This page
intentionally left blank," see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm