kpchop

Default How to Use the Tab Key to Move Forward to Next Spot in Document

Version: Word XP

How can I mark places within a document so that I can move to those places
using only the tab key? I have a letter that I fill in certain info in
several places - all I need to do is to be able to get to these places to
type and would like to do move there without picking up the mouse and
clicking to position my insertion point. (I could do this in other word
processing packages.) This letter is not a form - I don't need form fields. I
have tried setting up a template and using bookmarks. The bookmarks sound
promising, but the navigation depends on the Go To command (or F5) and then
choosing the bookmark. Very cumbersome. I just want to tab forward through
the document to my next typing spot.

I have tried searching through several books and the Knowledge Base. There
may be a name or keyword for what I'm trying to accomplish, and I'm just
looking for the wrong terms. Any advice would be appreciated!!

TIA.
Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,