Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lauren Lauren is offline

Default How to use Control Toolbox

I am a new user of Microsoft Office 2003, and I do not know how to use the
Control Toolbox in Word 2003.

Really appreciate your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless you're creating UserForms, I would avoid the use of the Control
Toolbox, as it inserts controls that will trigger a macro warning when a
document is opened.

"Lauren" wrote in message
I am a new user of Microsoft Office 2003, and I do not know how to use the
Control Toolbox in Word 2003.

Really appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The use of the Active-X Controls in the Control Toolbox require a
familiarity with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) programming language.
If you're not a coder - or don't have access to someone who is - those tools
won't do you much good. Start by looking up the Control Toolbox in Word
Help. For most forms design the Forms Toolbar provides the tools you need &
those don't require any programming knowledge.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/22/06 8:00 AM, in article
, "Lauren"
wrote:

I am a new user of Microsoft Office 2003, and I do not know how to use the
Control Toolbox in Word 2003.

Really appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Here's an article that will help some more in getting started. But pay
special attention to the section near the beginning about
"Appropriateness for the Task." IMHO these things aren't appropriate
for most tasks; a protected form or a userform are better.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

I am a new user of Microsoft Office 2003, and I do not know how to use the
Control Toolbox in Word 2003.

Really appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Oops, had it in the clipboard and forgot to paste it...
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140269(office.10).aspx

(It's Cindy's article, but MSDN recently changed its URL.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:39:00 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Where is the article?

.. .

Control Toolbox... silas New Users 2 February 20th 06 08:57 PM
control toolbox appears when one speciifc file opened Michael31 Microsoft Word Help 2 December 4th 05 04:17 PM
Can you tell me about Control Toolbox? Bob Wall Microsoft Word Help 1 September 13th 05 01:23 AM
Control Toolbox Bob Day Microsoft Word Help 1 May 25th 05 06:01 PM
Control Toolbox toolbar won't go away! Neil Page Layout 3 May 13th 05 06:21 PM