Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ltolman ltolman is offline

Default 03 to 07; Web Links not saving correctly

Okay everyone heres a toughie, I cant figure it out.

I have designed a MASSIVE home page, in fact if someone can figure this out,
feel free to use this as YOUR home page.

Over the past 10 years I've bookmarked links after links after links and so
I've created this homepage made with Microsoft Word that when you load it up;
you just click and VOILA.

Here is a pic of what I've done:

http://www.larrytolman.com/LinksGalore.jpg

I said pic because right now Office 2007 is messing it up.

I originally thought that when I add links it causes all the other links to
be off by 1

For example:

Link A
Link B
Link C
Link D
*Added Link E
Well the link to B is actually Link A; the Link of D is actually Link C; if
I add a link all the other links is off and I'm not too sure why.

But I realized that ISNT the issue; now its just a matter of saving the
documents.

I have a master copy version, it was saved as a Microsoft Word 2003; html
document err Web Page Document.

If I open it up in Word 07, then just immediately save it (without doing
anything) it still messes up the links.

I just now tried to highlight whole document and make it all one font and it
still messes up.

In theory I can open the document in Word 07; NOT save it, NOT change
anything, NOT add anything and HOVER the mouse and YES all the links are the
same.

But the minute I edit/save the file every link is off by 1.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Or am I stuck having to retype my 300+ Links up all over again?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ltolman ltolman is offline

I created a homepage to load up when I click my internet browser; I've added
and added and added since 1997.

However when I upgraded to Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 whenever
I would add a link to the current page it would throw all my other links off
by 1

I never got any answer here to fix which meant I was to RE CREATE the entire
thing using Microsoft Office 2007.

So after weeks and weeks and weeks LOL I finally finished tonight.

Without Further Ado.........heres the new page:

http://www.larrytolman.com/Anyone.htm

There are 346 links for you to use all categorized

BOOKMARK it and have it as your startup page if you want, hope you enjoy