Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xavier xavier is offline

Default Sentence Case as opposed to ALL CAPS on TOC

How do I get my Heading 1 which is all caps in the body of the document to
show up as Sentence Case on the TOC. I know how to do the reverse but cannot
seem to find the option.
--
Xavier
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure your heading 1s are typed in sentence case, and make them appear
as all caps through font designations. They will appear as sentence case in
the TOC--unless, of corse, you do something different in the TOC1 style.

PamC

Xavier wrote:
How do I get my Heading 1 which is all caps in the body of the document to
show up as Sentence Case on the TOC. I know how to do the reverse but cannot
seem to find the option.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xavier xavier is offline

Yeah Pam, however, I want it to appear as I described, i.e., ALL CAPS in the
body but Sentence case on the TOC...
--
Xavier

PamC wrote:
Make sure your heading 1s are typed in sentence case, and make them appear
as all caps through font designations. They will appear as sentence case in
the TOC--unless, of corse, you do something different in the TOC1 style.

PamC

How do I get my Heading 1 which is all caps in the body of the document to
show up as Sentence Case on the TOC. I know how to do the reverse but cannot
seem to find the option.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xavier xavier is offline

Pam:

You were abosolutely correct!!!!! I initially misread and misunderstood
what you said. It became clearer when you clarified by saying, " through

PamC wrote:
Make sure your heading 1s are typed in sentence case, and make them appear
as all caps through font designations. They will appear as sentence case in
the TOC--unless, of corse, you do something different in the TOC1 style.

PamC

How do I get my Heading 1 which is all caps in the body of the document to
show up as Sentence Case on the TOC. I know how to do the reverse but cannot
seem to find the option.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What I suggest will do that.

I always type headings in c&lc but set the font style to all caps when that
is wanted. That way if my clients change their minds I can easily change it
to their new liking. And of course it means that the TOC can be styled
differently from the main text if I choose. It would work just as well to
type them in sentence case.

Pam

Xavier wrote:
Yeah Pam, however, I want it to appear as I described, i.e., ALL CAPS in the
body but Sentence case on the TOC...
"through font designations in the style" is what I should have written.

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]