Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ivy Ivy is offline

Default How do I create line that doesn't move when you type on it?

I am trying to create a form that has lines on it that others will access and
type on. I have not been able to find a way to create the line so that is
doesn't move when typed on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

See:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm

Ivy wrote:
I am trying to create a form that has lines on it that others will
access and type on. I have not been able to find a way to create the
line so that is doesn't move when typed on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the form also needs to be printed out and filled in, the article Greg
mentioned may be best, but if the form is *only* to be filled out online,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.
Note that, if a form is going to be filled out online, you don't, strictly
speaking, need any lines, but if you do want them, then table borders are
what most people use because tables (with fixed row height and preferred
cell width) also keep the form fields in place.

http://word.mvps.org

news