Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Post and Replies

I have been signed in for 2 years and everything worked fine,
I could search for bryan and find all, I check 'Notify me of replies' and I
would get an e-mail notifying me of response.

Now, when I search for bryan, it only shows older post, nothing this year.
And I do not get emails of replies on post.

Is there a change?

My e-mail address and what I use to sign in with is a gmail account.
Does that have an impact?

Thanks,
Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed, the Microsoft web interface is flawed. The notification feature
hasn't been working properly for quite a while and, as you have noticed,
search isn't reliable either. :-(

To access the newsgroups, make use of an NNTP newsreader or Google groups
instead. For more, see
http://www.microsoft.com/communities.../nntpnews.mspx and
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...ft.public.word,
respectively.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bryan" wrote in message
I have been signed in for 2 years and everything worked fine,
I could search for bryan and find all, I check 'Notify me of replies' and
would get an e-mail notifying me of response.

Now, when I search for bryan, it only shows older post, nothing this year.
And I do not get emails of replies on post.

Is there a change?

My e-mail address and what I use to sign in with is a gmail account.
Does that have an impact?

Thanks,
Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

Unfortunately I am glad to hear that it's not just me!
Is there a fix or upgrade to fix this?

Thanks,
Bryan

"bryan" wrote in message
I have been signed in for 2 years and everything worked fine,
I could search for bryan and find all, I check 'Notify me of replies' and
would get an e-mail notifying me of response.

Now, when I search for bryan, it only shows older post, nothing this year.
And I do not get emails of replies on post.

Is there a change?

My e-mail address and what I use to sign in with is a gmail account.
Does that have an impact?

Thanks,
Bryan

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The bottom line is that it is crap!. They have been working on it, and
ignoring all hints to scrap it and use point users to Google Groups or
you could do as most of the MVPs do and access the server directly -
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm