Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
YukYuk YukYuk is offline

Default Continue page numbering from previous document while Indexing

Hi!
I have a very long document that I have split into several smaller documents
to work on and consequently, I have set the page numbering for each
subsequent according to the last page of the previous document:
"Document #1: Page 1-500"
"Document #2: Page 501-750"
"Document #3: Page 751-900"
However, when I do Indexing in Document #2, regardless of the page number I
have set up, it reverts to Page 1 when updating the Index and resets the
entire page numbering in that document. How can I 'force' the Indexing to
recognize the subsequent page numbering? I suppose it would be the same
situation as when using a TOC.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See this article (which includes instructions for both TOCs and indexes):

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP