chefbrian

Default Formatting Question

This has me preplexed! Sometimes when I copy something from the internet
such as a newsletter into Word, the formatting stays the same - the text only
covers half the page - 50 letters or so and then it starts a new line. The
only way I know to get the text to flow across the whole page is to go to
the end of each line and hit Delete to take out the line breaks and spacing.
If it's a long message, this can take some time! Is there a quicker way to
remove the formatting from the page I copied? There are no tabs in Word,
just as if there is some invisible formatting I'm not aware of. Thanks!

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

"chefbrian" wrote in message
This has me preplexed! Sometimes when I copy something from the internet
such as a newsletter into Word, the formatting stays the same - the text

only
covers half the page - 50 letters or so and then it starts a new line.

The
only way I know to get the text to flow across the whole page is to go to
the end of each line and hit Delete to take out the line breaks and

spacing.
If it's a long message, this can take some time! Is there a quicker way to
remove the formatting from the page I copied? There are no tabs in Word,
just as if there is some invisible formatting I'm not aware of. Thanks!

Formatting question. Please help. Johny Lee Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 05 04:01 PM
Text formatting question Bravura Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 02:24 PM
Table of Contents formatting question Gail Gurman Microsoft Word Help 2 April 7th 05 03:42 PM
Formatting question Bill Page Layout 6 February 6th 05 07:06 AM
Text Formatting Question HollySprings Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 12:45 AM