Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
androo... androo... is offline

Default Table style problem

I am trying to find a way around a bug in Word 2003 that affects tables
using table styles. Occasionally, when opening a document, all the tables in
that document formatted with a table style will loose the formatting,
needing the table style to be reapplied for each table. This happens more
often to tables that have a table style applied and then further formatting
to alter the appearance.

My current workaround is to copy the tables into Word 2000 and back into
2003, thus loosing the style. I do not want to delete the style from the
document.

Is there any way to stop a table being linked to a style without any risk of
altering the appearance of that table? If this can be done in VBA I will add
the code to some code that cycles through all the tables in a document.

My table style is called "DTP Top Style 1".

Thanks,

androoooooooooooooooo.............................

Can I create a new table style based on a table in a document? Melody Tables 11 December 18th 09 07:26 PM
Style problem? Dr. Pastor Page Layout 3 February 7th 06 04:47 AM
Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style WebColin Page Layout 11 December 1st 05 11:29 PM
Can I assign a text style to a table style? Mary Lee Tables 4 November 11th 05 01:10 PM
Style problem Anita Microsoft Word Help 4 June 22nd 05 01:07 PM