Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howeey Howeey is offline

Default MS Management Console;Proxy Server;Internet Information Server con

A bit of History first.
I have 2004 HP Computer. I had up until this January to use their "Chat
Line". Then it would no longer accept my IP address. I did all the clicks
possible and only got a web page that said "YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE
THIS WEB PAGE" HTTP 403.6-Forbidden: IP address rejected. contact web site
adm by using e-mail address or phone # listed on 'ipgweb.cce.hp.com'.
Well I tried all that and ended up e-mailing HP who said that I had to do a
# of steps to get this excepted.
HP said go to http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/...d/25082/fid/51
Note; just prior to, I had gone to the MS main web site and didn't find what
HP was telling me. I also checked this DISCUSSION GROUP & found nothing
apropoe.
HP is telling me to go to the following pathway---StartPrograms?MS Proxy
Server, MS Management Console Internet Information Server containerrt
click on Default Web Site click PropertiesDirectory Security tabclick
Edit in the IP Address & Domain Name Restrictions section Etc Etc

My question, have you ever had to "allow an IP address to be used" by doing
all of the above. Is there an easier way.
Is the web site they suggested a viable one?
Why do I even have to do this when I have been using HP's chat line for some
time, with no problem?

My end goal is to be able to use HP's chat line again!!
Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks in advance
Howeey
--
Howeey
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Your post is an incoherent rant, about which one can say only that it has
nothing to do with this forum.
Perhaps it would be better if you didn't use a computer.

"Howeey" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Howee:

There is no easier way: you have to follow the HP procedure exactly. You
have somehow blocked their IP address on your computer: the procedure is to
unblock it.

On 16/2/07 1:46 PM, in article
, "Howeey"
wrote:

[...]

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howeey Howeey is offline

Default MS Management Console;Proxy Server;Internet Information Server

Please don't comment on ANY of my posts in the future. Your comments are most
childish.
thank you
--
Howeey

"Howeey" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howeey Howeey is offline

For the 2nd time, you have been of great help.
I appreciate it.
--
Howeey

wrote:

[...]