Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Barby Bunny Barby Bunny is offline

Default how do I stop frames from moving in a document?

How do I stop frames from moving all over a document when I add new text or
new frames?? How do I keep them in the exact place I want? Unclicking "move
with text" doesn't work. "lock anchor" doesn't work. Clicking neither box
doesn't work either.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KRB - Guelph KRB - Guelph is offline

I often have this problem with Word, especially if the page is centered
vertically. Make sure you have the Wrapping Style set to something other than
"In line with text". Try entering an exact amount in the absolute horizontal
and vertical position boxes. I have found this to be more effective than
simply removing the check marks from "move with text" or "lock anchor". You
could also try bringing your frame to the front in "draw order" to see if
that has any effect.