Dawn Reid Dawn Reid is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Question Printing and Repaginating in Word

We work with large documents and sometimes we want to print a group of pages or sections, but not the entire file. However, we want to repaginate the printed group of pages so that it starts from 1, not from its page number in the document itself. For example:

I have a document that is 25 pages.
I want to print a group of pages from 19 to 24
I want that printed group of pages to paginate starting from 1, verses starting at page 19

Is there a macro of feature in Word that will allow me to easily do this?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Printing and Repaginating in Word

You could just copy and paste the range of pages into a new document and
then print it. Of course, you will have to (re-)add page numbering manually.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn Reid" wrote in message
news

We work with large documents and sometimes we want to print a group of
pages or sections, but not the entire file. However, we want to
repaginate the printed group of pages so that it starts from 1, not
from its page number in the document itself. For example:

I have a document that is 25 pages.
I want to print a group of pages from 19 to 24
I want that printed group of pages to paginate starting from 1, verses
starting at page 19

Is there a macro of feature in Word that will allow me to easily do
this?

Thank you.

--
Dawn Reid

AaronRamsdale AaronRamsdale is offline
Junior Member

You can create a macro that performs the following steps automatically:
Selects the desired pages (19-24).
Inserts section breaks before and after the selection.
Unlinks the header and footer in the selected section.
Inserts a new page number starting from 1 in the selected section.
Prints the selected section.
Buckshot Roulette