Show insertions as well as deletions

Old October 9th 09, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue

Default Show insertions as well as deletions

When I have track changes on in word 2007 it shows my deletions to the right
of the paragraph, but not my insertions. I looked at change tracking
options, looks fine, so what is the problem? Also, how do I reset track
changes to default?
Thanks,
Sue
Old October 9th 09, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

In Ribbon Review tab Track Changes Track Changes Options, does
the dropdown beside "Insertions" say "none"? Change it to anything
else (the default is Underline). This should then be overridden by the
Use Balloons" setting at the bottom, which you apparently have set to
"Always." (The default would be Balloons only for comments/
formatting.)

Old October 9th 09, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue

I have it set at underline, still same problem. When I click reviewing pane
it shows insertions and deletions, but in the document itself it just shows
deletions to the right of the paragraph (and not insertions) in the balloons,
any suggestions?
Thanks!

Old October 9th 09, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Final Showing Markup view, insertions are shown inline (underlined by
default) and deletions in balloons. In Original Showing Markup view,
deletions are shown inline (struck through by default) and insertions in
balloons.

http://word.mvps.org

Old October 10th 09, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Which version? You must have changed something somewhere, which I
can't find -- I always get both insertions and deletions inline
(underlined and struckthrough, respectively). The Balloons command
refers to "Insertions/Deletions," not one or the other. Maybe choosing
that causes the one or the other to appear in balloons in
(respectively) Original Sh. M. and Final Sh. M.?

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

Old October 10th 09, 03:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is true in Word 2002, 2003, and 2007. If you have balloons enabled, you
will see either insertions or deletions, not both. If you have balloons
disabled (or if you're in Normal/Draft view), you'll see both insertions and
deletions inline.

http://word.mvps.org