Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
huntr43 huntr43 is offline

Default Product key not working

I have it on a sticker under my laptop, but does not work. Program is locked
and i need it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"huntr43" wrote in message
I have it on a sticker under my laptop, but does not work. Program is
locked
and i need it.

That's the WINDOWS product key, not the Office Product key.

If you have bought a boxed copy the key is on the side of the swing-out part
of the Jewel case.
If you bought it on-line then the key was on the web page after the download
and you should also have had an email with it in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

The product number refers to the operating system, Windows XP, Vista or
Windows 7. The Office product number should be with the CD.
--
Rae Drysdale

"huntr43" wrote:

I have it on a sticker under my laptop, but does not work. Program is locked
and i need it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
huntr43 huntr43 is offline

When i click on Microsoft office word 2007 it ask for a 25 digit product key.
"help" told me where to find it. Program was installed on pc before purchase.
My product key is 25 dig's, but will not accept it. Didn't get any manuals
with pc. What now?

"Gordon" wrote:

"huntr43" wrote in message
I have it on a sticker under my laptop, but does not work. Program is
locked
and i need it.

That's the WINDOWS product key, not the Office Product key.

If you have bought a boxed copy the key is on the side of the swing-out part
of the Jewel case.
If you bought it on-line then the key was on the web page after the download
and you should also have had an email with it in.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

When Office is installed on a pc before purchase it usually is a trial copy
which lasts for 60 uses. Then you need to purchase it.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Gordon" wrote:

"huntr43" wrote in message
I have it on a sticker under my laptop, but does not work. Program is
locked
and i need it.

That's the WINDOWS product key, not the Office Product key.

If you have bought a boxed copy the key is on the side of the swing-out part
of the Jewel case.
If you bought it on-line then the key was on the web page after the download
and you should also have had an email with it in.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
huntr43 huntr43 is offline

Just to clarify. I have a desktop icon that says "microsoft office 60 day
trial online". is that the same program in the start menu that says
"microsoft office word 2007"?

"Gordon" wrote:

"huntr43" wrote in message
I have it on a sticker under my laptop, but does not work. Program is
locked
and i need it.

That's the WINDOWS product key, not the Office Product key.

If you have bought a boxed copy the key is on the side of the swing-out part
of the Jewel case.
If you bought it on-line then the key was on the web page after the download
and you should also have had an email with it in.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes, it's really quite misleading. There is nothing in Add/Remove Programs
to suggest that the installed version is merely a trial, and when you
uninstall the trial version (as I did on a recently purchased laptop), the
desktop icon remains, presumably so that, if you change your mind, you can
redownload the trial version.

http://word.mvps.org

"Gordon" wrote:

"huntr43" wrote in message
I have it on a sticker under my laptop, but does not work. Program
is
locked
and i need it.

That's the WINDOWS product key, not the Office Product key.

If you have bought a boxed copy the key is on the side of the
swing-out part
of the Jewel case.
If you bought it on-line then the key was on the web page after the
download
and you should also have had an email with it in.

.

add-in is not working in MsWord but working in powerpoint asfandtnt Microsoft Word Help 1 August 24th 09 02:51 PM
Product key not working... bri2480 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 09 06:06 PM
Product Key Ryan Fisher New Users 2 June 4th 08 03:47 PM
need product key Reese Microsoft Word Help 4 October 23rd 07 01:11 PM
How do I reinstall a product without the product id? Karen Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 05 04:34 AM