Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ward

Default Move Footnote Separator Line into the left Page Margin

Hi,
If i move the Footnote Separator Line into the left Page Margin, the part of
the line which is in the page margin is not visible, anymore.
How can keep the whole Seperator Line visible?

I changed the Left Indent of the Paragraph Style.
Via Normal View, Select View | Footnotes. Go to Footnote pane, Select
Footnote Separator, and then changedthe paragraph style.
FYI: the Footnote and the Footnote Marker stay visible in the Page Margin.
Thanx, Ward Visser
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Rather than setting a negative left indent for the footnotes and the
footnote separator, you could set a positive left indent for the text
in the body of the document (and then change the page margin by an
equal amount, if necessary, to preserve the look of the document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ward" wrote in message
Hi,
If i move the Footnote Separator Line into the left Page Margin, the

part of
the line which is in the page margin is not visible, anymore.
How can keep the whole Seperator Line visible?

I changed the Left Indent of the Paragraph Style.
Via Normal View, Select View | Footnotes. Go to Footnote pane,

Select
Footnote Separator, and then changedthe paragraph style.
FYI: the Footnote and the Footnote Marker stay visible in the Page

Margin.
Thanx, Ward Visser

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ward

Thanks Stefan,
That could be the option that i might use in the future. I could not move
the page margin here, couse of other specs. (if you wanna know i can tell
ofcourse).

What i did now to solve my problem: I deleted the Footnote Seperator and
placed a Border in the Style of the Footnote. That worked for me becouse i
needed a line across the full with of the page.

"Ward" wrote in message
Hi,
If i move the Footnote Separator Line into the left Page Margin, the

part of
the line which is in the page margin is not visible, anymore.
How can keep the whole Seperator Line visible?

I changed the Left Indent of the Paragraph Style.
Via Normal View, Select View | Footnotes. Go to Footnote pane,

Select
Footnote Separator, and then changedthe paragraph style.
FYI: the Footnote and the Footnote Marker stay visible in the Page

Margin.
Thanx, Ward Visser

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

I'm glad you found a solution.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ward" wrote in message
Hi,
If i move the Footnote Separator Line into the left Page Margin,

the
part of
the line which is in the page margin is not visible, anymore.
How can keep the whole Seperator Line visible?

I changed the Left Indent of the Paragraph Style.
Via Normal View, Select View | Footnotes. Go to Footnote pane,

Select
Footnote Separator, and then changedthe paragraph style.
FYI: the Footnote and the Footnote Marker stay visible in the

Page
Margin.
Thanx, Ward Visser

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It seems to me a bug, however, that Word will quite happily appear to move
the Footnote Separator, and indeed it is moved, but it is also truncated at
the margin.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
I'm glad you found a solution.

--