Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anita Taylor Anita Taylor is offline

Default Data Link Properties Dialog Box

I've got a computer with Office 2003 installed. Anytime the user tries to do
a mail merge using an Excel file as the data source, a Data Link Properties
box appears.

If we cancel the box, the message "Couldn't find installable ISAM" appears.

I've tried this with existing Excel files as well as a brand-new one. I've
logged in under different profiles to the PC and still have the problem.

I've tried following instructions in article 829072 for disabling the
hyperlink warning messages, but I'm still having the problem.

I've already reinstalled (chosing COMPLETE install) and run current critical
Office updates. Anyone know what's causing this or have an idea how to fix?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I've tried following instructions in article 829072 for disabling the
hyperlink warning messages, but I'm still having the problem.

I'm not sure that is the relevant article. Are you referring to article
885832 ?:

(
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885832/en-us
You are prompted to locate the data source when you open the main document
of a mail merge in Word 2003
) - actually, this is specifically abotut he Datalink dialog.

FWIW it normally works, but
a. which version of Windows (including the SP)?
b. what networking environment are you working in?
c. do you have other users with the same configuration but not the same
problem?
d. do other connection methods also fail (check Word
Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at open", then try again)?

Despite the fact that you have reinstalled Office, it may be worth following
the instructions in

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820919/en-us

Peter Jamieson

"Anita Taylor" wrote in message
I've got a computer with Office 2003 installed. Anytime the user tries to
do
a mail merge using an Excel file as the data source, a Data Link
Properties
box appears.

If we cancel the box, the message "Couldn't find installable ISAM"
appears.

I've tried this with existing Excel files as well as a brand-new one. I've
logged in under different profiles to the PC and still have the problem.

I've tried following instructions in article 829072 for disabling the
hyperlink warning messages, but I'm still having the problem.

I've already reinstalled (chosing COMPLETE install) and run current
critical
Office updates. Anyone know what's causing this or have an idea how to
fix?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dima ditski dima ditski is offline

Default What do you use early or late binding? What is yourdatasource?eom

I had similar problems so maybe I will be able to help you with solutions after you specify details.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com