Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ambanff ambanff is offline

Default Restart heading numbering in each new section of a Word 2007 docum

I have produced a thesis of around 100,000 words in Word 2007 using docx
format (because I want to use automated TOC and Indexing).
My doucment is divided into sections (using section breaks), each comprising
a chapter with a Title. I have been using the outline headings provided in
Styles, using levels 1 through to 6. Presently the numbering runs on through
the sections which results in huge numbers, as you would imagine.
How do I make the heading numbers reset to 1 in each new section of the
document?